The SIPA Board met on Thursday 13 February in Brussels.
Issues that were discussed during the Board Meeting included:
- Ongoing SIPA projects (gross weight indications and short weight survey);
- Potential new maximum residue limits (MRLs) for quaternary ammonium compounds, which could potentially affect the ability of processing businesses to control Listeria;
- Ascorbic acid in tuna;
- The new TRACES online certification system;
- Concerns about proposed amendments to the Fisheries Controls Regulation, which includes new requirements for traceability of imported wild caught and aquaculture fish, and which many exporting countries will struggle to satisfy;
- Preparations for the General Assembly on 22 April 2020.
The official minutes of the meeting are in preparation.
If you have any queries on the above subjects please contact Ivan Bartolo email@example.com.